Moika Embankment, 42 history of our building
We are located in a historic building. This is a place that holds memories of the best years of the life of famous historical figures.
In the first third of the XVIII century here was the Chief of police Office. In 1870 area had bought rich industrialist Ludwig Nobel (he was a brother of a famous Alfred Nobel, who had founded a Nobel Prize).
In April 1891 here was opened the second telephone station in St.Petersburg. The station maintained 3000 of subscribers. On it’s base was set up Central negotiating telephone station between Petersburg and Moscow.
The history of this building is truly rich and attractive from a cultural point of view. In this area reigns the atmosphere of Pushkin, bohemian and aristocratic Petersburg. The best example of this is located at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt and the Moika river embankment, Literary Cafe opened in confectionery Wolf and Beranger. This place enjoyed visiting many Petersburg writers.
House "By Hermitage" will certainly help you to feel the true spirit of St. Petersburg.